- Michelle returned to Paris after her Washington DC trip.
- Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon II
updates: Cheng Pei-pei / Jade Fox will make a cameo appearance in the sequel.
- Q&A with michelle yeoh, actor and road safety ambassador -
Phnom Penh Post: Michelle Yeoh on her toughest role yet
- PRweb: U.S. Secretary of Transportation Anthony Foxx, Zoleka Mandela, Michelle Yeoh Join Safety Advocates from 30 Countries to Promote Global Road Safety for Children
- More photos from Dec 11, DC: launch of an ongoing campaign, Safe Roads | Safe Kids #SaveKidsLives
(1) Michelle taking her "safie" to support SaveKidsLives
(1) (L to R) Zoleka Mandela, Michelle, Kate Carr, CEO and President of Safe Kids Worldwide
(photos from "Safe Kids Worldwide", "Fia Foundation", "Diana Braier" and "Zoleka Mandela")
- Michelle is attending the The Safe Roads | Safe Kids Global Road Safety Summit, held at the JW Marriott in Washington DC, Dec 11-12.
(1-3) Michelle giving speech at the summit, addressing the importance of Road Safety for Children
(4) Michelle with Peter Nonis, senior manager of American Society of Civil Engineers
(photos from "Safe Kids" and "Peter Nonis")
- Documentary: Davids and Goliath
won the top prize at the 4th Viewster Online Film Fest, the world's largest online film festival.   (VOFF4 report)
The film will be released in 2015. If you haven't, you can still watch the full documentary online
, live until December 15. In English or in Chinese with English subtitles.
Nobel Peace Prize nominees David Matas and David Kilgour use their wisdom and courage to fight against one of the world's worst crimes against humanity.
- On December 9th, Michelle, as Global Road Safety Ambassador, joined Cambodian Deputy Prime Minister to donate 6,652 helmets to students and teachers in Phnom Penh, Cambodia, encouraging passengers to wear helmets while traveling on motorcycles.
"Although all road users are at risk on the road, motorcyclists are among the most vulnerable. In Cambodia, they make up the majority of road crash victims," said Michelle in a press statement. " Helmet-wearing is the first step - the essential step - towards preventing traffic injuries and fatalities, especially among our children." "Please make sure that all motorcycle riders and passengers always wear a helmet."
"This weapon is to battle the enemy on the road," Michelle, holding up a helmet, told the students at the helmet handover ceremony. "When you go and put on your helmet, remember peace and victory."
It was Michelle's second road safety trip to Cambodia after the first one in February 2011.
Sabay TV Video: Michelle Yeoh Giving Helmet in Cambodia
Fia Foundation: USAID partnership launched with 6000 helmets donation
The Cambodia Herald: Global road safety ambassador encourages Cambodian passengers to use helmet
Asia Injury Prevention Foundation (AIP): Deputy Prime Minister Sar Kheng and Michelle Yeoh encourage passenger helmet use
Michelle at the helmet handover ceremony at Toul Svay Prey Primary Schoo in Phnom Penh, Cambodia
(3) Michelle shakes hands with Sar Kheng, Cambodian Deputy Prime Minister and Minister of Interior
(4) Michelle with Sean E. Callahan, Deputy Mission Director, USAID Cambodia
(1) filming road safety documentary in Phnom Penh
(photos from "Reuters", "AFP", "Newscom", "Corbis", "Sean E. Callahan" and "Saul Billingsley")
- More from Genting Highlands, Malaysia, December 4.
8TV news video
(02:04, in Mandarin and English)
(photos from "Utusan" and "Goingplaces Magazine")
- In Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon II
: John Fusco talks Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon sequel.
- These photos were taken on December 3rd at SJKC Chung Kwok, a Chinese language school in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. Michelle was there to pick up her nephew.   ("SJKC Chung Kwok" photos)
Previous News & News Photos