- Final Recipe
: screening at the 2014 Douro Film Harvest in Portugal.
- [Strike Back] Michelle has been busy on the Strike Back
Here are some off-set photos from Budapest, Hungary, Saturday November 22nd.
(1) Michelle and Will Yun Lee, American actor (ethnic Korean) who will play a villainous role as a member of the North Korean State Security Department in Strike Back
(2) Michelle walking on a street in Budapest
- Please watch and share:
Documentary: Davids and Goliath
(you can watch the full documentary online until Nov. 27. 66 min. in English. some interviews are in Chinese with English subtitles)
Nobel Peace Prize nominees David Matas and David Kilgour use their wisdom and courage to fight against one of the world's worst crimes against humanity.
- Final Recipe
will screen at the 14th JiFFest (Jakarta International Film Festival) on November 21st and 22nd, as a part of World Cinema.   (details)
- Michelle left Paris and arrived in Budapest on Monday, resuming the Strike Back filming.
- It's a nice papercut of Michelle (image at left), isn't it? (credit: Olastofos)
- FIA: World Day of Remembrance for Traffic Victims
"Today is an opportunity to remember the thousands who lose their lives on the world's roads daily, and the heartbreaking loss which mothers, fathers, sons and daughters are left with as a result. Most people don't realise the scale of this catastrophe we face – every single day 500 children lose their lives on dangerous roads. We know that speeding is a leading key factor in accidents, so governments have a moral responsibility to ensure effective laws which restrict speeding are in place to protect all road users."
- Michelle Yeoh, Global Road Safety Ambassador, on the World Day of Remembrance for Traffic Victims, Novemebr 16th, 2014
- Michelle has returned to Europe.
Strike Back has been filming in Budapest, Hungary and will continue there for a few more weeks. Meanwhile, director Michael J. Bassett has been in Thailand, scouting locations for another part of filming. The ten episodes of the final season will be directed by Michael J. Bassett, Julian Holmes, and Brendan Maher. Andy Harries and his Left Bank Pictures (which produced The Lady) produces the series.
Mechanic: Resurrection began production in Bangkok, Thailand early this month. They were filming the part involving a child actor who plays younger Arthur Bishop (Jason Statham).
It seems Michelle will be busy with filming in the coming months. It appears she has yet another film in preparation...
- After a three day funeral ceremony, the burial for Michelle's father, Datuk Yeoh Kian Tek, took place on Sunday afternoon (November 9th) in Ipoh. Several hundred people, including 128 members from the Malaysia Businessman Sports and Recreation Club who carried the cortege, walked 4.4 kilometers from the Yeoh residence to the Sri Maju Ipoh main station where a memorial service was held.
Local media reported that thousands of people came to say farewell. A second generation of Chinese immigrant in Malaysia, Datuk Yeoh Kian Tek was a lawyer, business man and politician. He was the president of the Malaysia Businessman Sports and Recreation Club, owner of the Sri Maju bus company, and former chairman of the Perak Malaysian Chinese Association. Datuk Yeoh was buried at the Paradise Memorial Park in Tanjung Rambutan, Perak, Malaysia.
- Summit Entertainment and Millennium Films announced that Michelle will join Jason Statham, Tommy Lee Jones, and Jessica Alba in the sequel to 2011's The Mechanic
. Principal photography of Mechanic: Resurrection
(working title) began this week in Bangkok, Thailand. Directed by Dennis Gansel, the film is set for a wide release by Lionsgate on January 22, 2016.
Synopsis: "Arthur Bishop (Jason Statham) returns as the Mechanic in the sequel to the 2011 global hit. When someone from his past forces him back into the business, Bishop has to complete an impossible list of assassinations of the most dangerous men in the world."
- The Star: Michelle Yeoh: Jean Todt is my significant other, but we have yet to marry
(1-2) Nov 7: Michelle at the family home in Lebuh Lasam, Ipoh   (3-4) Nov 6
(1) (L to R) Michelle, Perak exco and MCA (Malaysian Chinese Association) chairman Mah Hang Soon, Transport Minister Malaysia
and MCA president Liow Tiong Lai, MCA Deputy president Wee Ka Siong, and MCA Vice-Presidents Lee Chee Leong, Nov 6
(2) Michelle and her mother talking with some MCA members
Nov 6: (1-2) greeting Perak chief minister Zambry Abdul Kadir
(photos from "Sinchew", "Guangming", "Star", "MCA", "NST")
Previous News & News Photos