- IGN: Marco Polo's Lorenzo Richemly & Michelle Yeoh Talk The Darker Tones Of Season 2
IGN: Michelle, you're joining the cast this season, what character are you playing and how does it tie with the show?
Michelle: If you watch the special we've put out, you know my character has links to Hundred Eyes, who is a greatly loved character. There's a lot of history there, and I was actually being set up for this character by the end of Season 1, so it's great to finally come out of the shadows and be a part of the show.
Michelle has a very brief appearance in Netflix's 30 minute special feature, Marco Polo: One Hundred Eyes
, created by John Fusco, directed by Alik Sakharov and released in December 2015.
- More photos from Ipoh, April 15:
(photos from "Perak View" and "Sinchew")
- Michelle attended a Netflix press conference in Paris today. Netflix made several announcements for their upcoming screenings.
The global release date for Marco Polo season 2
has been set on July 1st. The series will be available in 4K.
Netflix : "The 10 episode series, created by John Fusco, stars Lorenzo Richelmy (Marco Polo), Michelle Yeoh (the Handmaiden), Benedict Wong (Kublai Khan), Joan Chen (Empress Chabi), Zhu Zhu (Kokachin), Tom Wu (Hundred Eyes), Olivia Cheng (Mei Lin), Claudia Kim (Khutulun), Rick Yune (Kaidu), Remy Hii (Prince Jingim), Mahesh Jadu (Ahmad) and Uli Latukefu (Byamba) among others. "
(1) Lorenzo Richelmy, Michelle Yeoh, Tituss Burgess, Kate Mulgrew, Lea Delaria, Charlie Cox at a press event
(2) Stars and execs at Netflix's Paris event including Michelle, John Lithgow, Tituss Burgess,
Matt Smith, Reed Hastings, Ashton Kutcher and Ted Sarandos
(photos from "Cnet" and "Twitter")