- In Yangon (Rangoon), Myanmar (Burma), March 9th: Michelle attended the launch of Daw Aung San Suu Kyi's Suu Foundation
an U.S. based humanitarian organization dedicated to advancing the health and education of the people of Myanmar (Burma). Michelle is one of the board of director of the foundation.
"Just as Daw Suu has made a difference, you and I can bring hope to help and bring dignity to the people of Myanmar," said Michelle. In her speech at the event, Michelle
offered her thoughts and prayers to the passengers on the missing Malaysia Airlines flight and their families before introducing Daw Suu to the stage.
The special luncheon with Daw Aung San Suu Kyi was in connection with the upcoming East-West Center International Media Conference in Yangon which will focus on the theme 'Challenges of a Free Press' in Asia.
(more photos coming up)
(1) Michelle (R1) and Aung San Suu Kyi (R2) with officials from Air Asia during the opening of Suu Foundation in Yangon
(2-3) Michelle, Board of Director of Suu Foundation, giving a speech
(4) Daw Suu giving a speech on the importance of press freedom
(1-2) Michelle with Daw Suu at the pre-conference luncheon
(photos from "AP", "Epa", "Twitter" and "Weibo")
- Cover story of Malaysia's Women's Weekly, March 2014 issue. The interview with Michelle was done last November in Kuala Lumpur. Thanks Jo (again) for the images!
- Michelle is back in Thailand for the next block of filming. Filming locations in Thailand for this new project include Bangkok and Krabi, a coastal resort at the mouth of the Krabi River in southern part of the country.
- Cover story of the first issue of ELLE Malaysia (March, 2014): Prime Time. Many thanks to Jo for the images! Click on any image below to read the article.
- Also new in Magazines
: Michelle in L'uomo Vogue, November 2103.
- UNAIDS video: Actress and activist Michelle Yeoh supports the zero discrimination campaign
"I believe we are all born equal. You know, we are, whether you’re a boy or a girl, you should have the same equal rights." - Michelle Yeoh
To be marked on March 1st, UN's Zero Discrimination Day
calls for tolerance, unity and compassion. The symbol for Zero Discrimination is the butterfly,
widely recognized as a sign of transformation, said in a UNAIDS note.
- MSN: Tan Sri Michelle Yeoh is Elle Malaysia's first cover girl!
- No, Michelle is not in Captain America: The Winter Soldier
. It was a mistake on IMDb listing.
- The first block of filming for Michelle's new project has wrapped in Bangkok and Michelle is now taking a break in Malaysia. It is a U.K./U.S.A. production.
- Michelle is featured on the cover of the first issue of ELLE Malaysia (March issue, 2014), out on newsstands beginning Friday February 21.
"ELLE Malaysia" Video: Reveal of the first issue ELLE Malaysia
Michelle is currently in Bangkok filming her new project.
left image: cover of ELLE Malaysia March 2014
right: celebration of the launch of ELLE Malaysia
- After spending a few days in Paris, Michelle flew back to Asia and returned to the Bangkok filming set. The production of this new project will continue in Thailand until the end of March and then move to Budapest, Hungary.
- Final Recipe
: film reviews from TIFF NextWave.
- More photos from Berlinale:
(1) Michelle and Thomas Struck, director of Berlinale Culinary Cinema
(2) Michelle and director of the Berlin International Film Festival Dieter Kosslick
(3) Michelle and Gina Kim, director of Final Recipe
(1) Jean Todt, Michelle, Gina Kim and Thomas Struck looking around the kitchen for the Final Recipe dinner party
(photos from "Berlinale" and "Gina Kim")
Previous News & News Photos