Michelle Yeoh Web Theatre
News July - December, 2015
Dec. 23rd, 2015
Michelle and everyone!
- Images: Michelle as Yu Shu Lien in Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon: Sword of Destiny
- Michelle was filming several TV talk shows in Beijing, December 15 - 17th. Photos by fans from Baidu Club.
- It is no longer a secret -- that Michelle will appear on Netflix's drama Marco Polo Season 2. Yes, this was what Michelle had been filming since the summer in Europe and Malaysia. Principal Filming is now wrapping up in Malaysia.
- "FIA" Photos: Michelle and Jean Todt attending the cocktail party during the FIA Annual General Assembly 2015 in Paris, November 30.
- Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon II
updates: Coco Lee, the Hong Kong-born American singer who performed the theme song (both English and Chinese versions) in the original Crouching Tiger film, will sing the theme song for the new film.
(Note: Michelle is not in Paris. She was there 4 days ago before heading to NYC.)
- On November 11th, Michelle attended the Inauguration of the FIA High Level Panel on Road Safety at the United Nations premises in New York City.
"The focus of the High Level Panel is on practical action to improve road safety in those countries where the need is most urgent. The Panel brings together a network of leading individuals, from a range of fields of experience. Combined they can substantially raise awareness of the global road safety challenge and the need to mobilise new funds for this cause." said Michelle, a spokesperson for the panel.
Michelle is scheduled to attend the 2nd Global High-Level Conference on Road Safety in in Brasilia, Brazil next week.
(1-2) front row: UN Special Envoy for Road Safety Jean Todt, UN Secretary General Ban Ki-moon, Global Road Safety Ambassador Michelle Yeoh,
and Christian Friis Bach, Executive Secretary of the United Nations Economic Commission for Europe
(photos from "UN", "FIA" and "Saul Billingsley")
- The 26th Singapore International Film Festival has added more seats for In-Conversation with Michelle Yeoh. The session was previously fully booked.
- Left image: Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon: Sword of Destiny tie-in novel book cover.
- Michelle has joined the voice cast of Blazing Samurai, an animated feature inspired by Mel Brooks' comedy classic Blazing Saddles.
The story centers on a dog who must fight to save a town overrun by a cat gang. Chris Bailey (Alvin And The Chipmunks) and Mark Koetsier (Kung Fu Panda, How To Train Your Dragon) direct from a screenplay by Ed Stone and Nate Hopper.
Blazing Samurai will be released by Open Road Films in the United States on August 4, 2017. Sony Pictures International Releasing has already picked up several major territories worldwide, and Huayi Brothers Media Corporation is distributing the film in Greater China.
The cast includes Samuel L. Jackson, Michael Cera, Mel Brooks, George Takei, Gabriel Iglesias, Aasif Mandvi, Djimon Hounsou and Sandra Tsing Loh.
- More than 10 days ago, Michelle was in Singapore working on sound re-recording for Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon II
. Left photo:
Michelle with David Peterson, a Wing Chun Kung Fu master who served as Michelle's Kung Fu dialogue coach during the ADR.
- Some sneak photos from Beijing shooting of Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon II
in September: ("Toutiao" photos)
- Michelle will receive the Cinema Legend Award
at the 26th Singapore International Film Festival (Nov 26 to Dec 6)
. An In Conversation session with Michelle will be held on December 6 at ArtScience Museum, Singapore.
- In Strike Back: Legacy
: some images on and off the screen, with Michelle.
- Photos from a wedding party in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia, October 10th.   ("CTDK" photos)
- On October 2nd, Michelle attended the Watches & Wonders 2015 Exhibition in Hong Kong.
Michelle has been busy filming her upcoming U.S. TV series in Malaysia.
She said she had wanted to show her friends from the production team around but unfortunately she was unable to due to the heavy smog caused by volcanic ash. Reporters commented she looked to have lost weight. Michelle said she lost 2 kg. She was training hard with the stunt team. Also, filming action scenes was difficult in the heat, especially when she had to dress in fur sometimes. "I almost had a heat stroke," said Michelle.
Michelle will be in New York and Brazil in the middle of next month for road safety promotion.
Cantonese & Mandarin (02:22)
Michelle wearing Richard Mille RM 26-02 Evil Eye watch
Hong Kong Convention and Exhibition Centre
(photos from "Tung Star", "CFP", "Apple Daily", "Ming Pao", "Oriental", "Sing Pao", "Sing Tao", "Seehua" and "Yahoo")
- The production of the TV series - which Michelle has been working on (the production company has not officially announced Michelle's involvement) - has been moved from Europe to ... Malaysia.
- In Strike Back: Legacy
: more images (with Michelle's) and a video clip.
- More photos during the Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon II
filming in Beijing last week.
(1-2) with director Yuen Woo-ping   (3) with Chinese martial artist and action actress Zhou Xiaofei
- Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon II updates: release dates, images, and press conference in Beijing.
Left: Michelle as Yu Shu Lien in Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon II
- More photos from Malaysia Pavilion, the Expo Milano 2015, Milan, Italy, September 4th.
- In Strike Back: Legacy
: new video and images (with Michelle).
- Recent Michelle sightings -
(1) at Four Seasons Hotel Gresham Palace Budapest, Aug 20
(2) Michelle at dinner, Aug 23
As you may already know, Michelle has been in Europe filming another TV series. It is a U.S. production. She will have more action scenes in this one than in Strike Back: Legacy
- Strike Back: Legacy
updates: new videos, images and article links.
- The release date for Mechanic: Resurrection
has been moved to August 26, 2016.
- On the day of the 17th anniversary of this website, the Michelle Yeoh Web Theatre (MichelleYeoh.info) is very happy to present -
The 14th Annual Birthday Special: Our Birthday Greetings to Michelle Yeoh, August 6, 2015
(birthday image by Bin of Sichuan, China. click to enlarge)
Messages sent by fans from over 26 countries/regions: Argentina, Australia, Belgium, Brazil, Canada, China, France, Germany, Hong Kong, Indonesia, Italy, Japan, Madagascar, Malaysia, Nigeria, Pakistan, Philippines, Poland, Romania, South Korea, Spain, Thailand, Taiwan, U.K., U.S.A., and Vietnam.
All birthday messages have been forwarded to the birthday girl ;-)
And here is our birthday poll result: (question: Would you like to see Michelle in a TV series?)
31 (17%) - yes, but only if it is a great role
7 (4%) - no, I'd rather Michele sticks to movies
148 (79%) - yes, I'd like to see Michelle in any role, TV or movie
Thanks everyone, for your visits, encouragement and support, year after year!
Michelle, your birthday is one of our special times of the year. Thank you for another year of inspiration and entertainment. Wishing you all the love and happiness in the world. Have a wonderful birthday!
- So the birthday-girl-to-be came to visit our Birthday Special. She read the current messages and wrote this today from Budapest, Hungary (Tuesday 2:23AM Pacific Time = 11:23AM Hungary)
Thank you Michelle!
Message from Michelle Yeoh
To all of my dearest friends, (especially Jane for this fantastic website)
Thank q for all your beautiful messages...all your love and support (whether I do movies or TV ) I hope that whatever it is, it will entertain you, keep you inspired always.
Another birthday and I wish, that we all will always be healthy and happy. Stay tuned , love always, Michelle xxox
You are so sweet ;-) You are amazing, as always ... Enjoy your new filming!
For those who haven't got your birthday messages in, no worry, you can still write to Michelle and all the messages will be sent to her. Please hurry though, as the sign up form
will be closed in the morning of the 5th (Pacific time).
- Photo from "Embassy of France in Kuala Lumpur": The Ambassador of France to Malaysia, Christophe Penot, welcomes Tan Sri Michelle Yeoh and FIA President Jean Todt at the Residence for a lunch.
- Strike Back: Legacy
updates: new images and an article link.
The series continues on Sky 1 in the U.K.. It will begin to air in the U.S. on Cinemax on July 31st and in Asia on HBO Asia on August 1st.
- Michelle attended the unveiling ceremony of her second Madame Tussauds wax figure (Yu Shu-Lien) at Madame Tussauds Hong Kong, July 27th.
According to Hong Kong media, Michelle is currently working on a(nother) 10-episode TV series until October. Michelle said she will spend her birthday next month at work. She is scheduled to film in Hungary on that day.
Asked about her wedding, Michelle said that the earliest possible time would be the end of this year or early next year.
Madame Tussauds Hong Kong: Legendary Kung Fu star Michelle Yeoh officially joins MTHK
TVB: Michelle Yeoh at the wax figure unveiling ceremony
(01:48, in Cantonese)
Sohu: Michelle Yeoh getting married at the end of the year
(02:02, in Mandarin)
Report: Legendary Kung Fu Star Michelle Yeoh Officially Joins Star-Studded Line-Up at Madame Tussauds Hong Kong
(2-3) Michelle receives a gift from Kelly Mak, General Manager of Madam Tussauds Hong Kong
(1) Michelle, Kelly Mak, and Mason Hung of the Hong Kong Tourism Board at the unveiling of Michelle's Kung Fu wax figure
(photos from "Madame Tussauds Hong Kong", "AP", "Tungstar", "Apple Daily", "Mingpao" and "Epoch Times")
- Photos: Road Safety meeting with Mauricio Rodas, Mayor of the Metropolitan District of Quito, Quito, Ecuador, July 14.
(photos from "Noticias Quito" and "Mauricio Rodas")
- Photos: Michelle, as the global Ambassador for Road Safety, visiting Cuba along with the FIA road safety delegation, July 13.
meeting with Director-General of the Cuban Ministry for Multilateral Issues and Foreign Affairs
Pedro Nunez Mosquera, Ministry of Transport, Havana, Cuba
("Excelencias Del Motor" photos)
- It is once again that time of the year! Either you have done this more than a dozen times or this will be your first time, but all old and new friends are welcome here. It is...
The 2015 Michelle Yeoh Birthday Special
Come join us. Say something to our beautiful lady. I'm sure it will brighten her special day even more.
There is a small birthday poll that you are welcome to participate in. As "usual", all messages and the poll result will be sent to the birthday girl so get them in! ;-)
- More photos from Mexico, July 10 -11:
- Where is Michelle? Well, believe or not, the busy lady has been to three continents this week... She is now in Mexico City, Mexico.
(1) the 2015 FIA Sport Conference wrapped up in Mexico, July 10
(2) the FIA Sport Conference Gala Dinner, Ex Convento San Hipolito, July 9
- In Strike Back: Legacy
: new stills, with Michelle.
- Videos: Michelle promotes Discover's 'Aftershock: Disaster In Nepal'   (in English)
Video 1   (00:15)
Video 2   (00:48)
- The release date for Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon: The Green Legend
has been re-scheduled to the first quarter of 2016. The film will be released globally to Netflix subscribers and selected IMAX theaters, and will also be released theatrically in China.
Hong Kong media reported that some pickup shots for the film are scheduled to take place in China in August.
- Michelle's new wax double at Madame Tussauds Hong Kong, Kung Fu Zone:
- In Strike Back: Legacy
Strike Back Season 4: Trailer (Cinemax)
starting in the U.S. on July 31st.
Some behind the scene photos with Michelle:
(1) Michelle as Mei Foster
(2) on set: director Michael J. Bassett, Michelle Yeoh, Tim McInnerny, Robson Green
(3) director Julian Holmes, Michelle, Masa Yamaguchi
(4) Michelle and Masa Yamaguchi
- Photos: Michelle and Jean Todt at the 2015 FIA Formula E London ePrix Gala Dinner, Natural History Museum, London, June 28.
(1)?, Michelle, FIA Formula E CEO Alejandro Agag, Jean Todt, Duchess of York Sarah Ferguson, and Giorgio Veroni
(3) Michelle, Jean Todt, and Brazilian racing driver Nelson Piquet Jr.
(photos from "Formula E" and "Getty Images")
<< News 2015 June
News 2016 January>>