Michelle Yeoh Web Theatre
Older News (January 2016 - )
- May 6th: Michelle and Jean Todt visiting the headquarters of Automobili Lamborghini in Sant'Agata Bolognese, Italy.
(1) with Stefano Domenicali (R3), CEO of Automobili Lamborghini   ("Lamborghini" photos)
- News photos from New York City, May 3: Michelle and Jean Todt at the UNIS (United Nations International School)
Mission Possible Gala, the UN Headquaters.
- New York City, May 3: Michelle attending the UN Poster for Peace Congratulatory Ceremony, the UN Headquaters.
(1) Michelle, President of the United Nations General Assembly Mogens Lykketoft (R1) and his wife, author/journalist Mette Holm (R2)y
(photos from "Newscom" and "UN GA")
- IGN: Marco Polo's Lorenzo Richemly & Michelle Yeoh Talk The Darker Tones Of Season 2
IGN: Michelle, you're joining the cast this season, what character are you playing and how does it tie with the show?
Michelle: If you watch the special we've put out, you know my character has links to Hundred Eyes, who is a greatly loved character. There's a lot of history there, and I was actually being set up for this character by the end of Season 1, so it's great to finally come out of the shadows and be a part of the show.
Michelle has a very brief appearance in Netflix's 30 minute special feature, Marco Polo: One Hundred Eyes
, created by John Fusco, directed by Alik Sakharov and released in December 2015.
- More photos from Ipoh, April 15:
(photos from "Perak View" and "Sinchew")
- Michelle launching the Safe Steps Road Safety Programme at Tenby Schools in her hometown Ipoh, Malaysia, April 15th.
The Star: Raising road safety awareness
NST: Michelle Yeoh launches road safety campaign at Tenby International school
Bernama: Every School Should Organise Safe Steps Road Safety Programme
The Star   (01:09)
News Mandarin   (01:33)
(photos from "Tenby Schools Ipoh", "Bernama", "Kwongwah", "The Star", "Sinchew", "Nanyang", "NST" ,"China Press", and "Seehua")
- Michelle attended a Netflix press conference in Paris today. Netflix made several announcements for their upcoming screenings.
The global release date for Marco Polo season 2
has been set on July 1st. The series will be available in 4K.
Netflix : "The 10 episode series, created by John Fusco, stars Lorenzo Richelmy (Marco Polo), Michelle Yeoh (the Handmaiden), Benedict Wong (Kublai Khan), Joan Chen (Empress Chabi), Zhu Zhu (Kokachin), Tom Wu (Hundred Eyes), Olivia Cheng (Mei Lin), Claudia Kim (Khutulun), Rick Yune (Kaidu), Remy Hii (Prince Jingim), Mahesh Jadu (Ahmad) and Uli Latukefu (Byamba) among others. "
(1) Lorenzo Richelmy, Michelle Yeoh, Tituss Burgess, Kate Mulgrew, Lea Delaria, Charlie Cox at a press event
(2) Stars and execs at Netflix's Paris event including Michelle, John Lithgow, Tituss Burgess,
Matt Smith, Reed Hastings, Ashton Kutcher and Ted Sarandos
(photos from "Cnet" and "Twitter")
- Michelle in Zhejiang province, filming Ne Zha
right photo: with some of the cast and crew members
- Michelle joined the cast of Hong Kong director Jeffrey Lau (A Chinese Odyssey, East Meet West 2011
) 's Ne Zha
(Chinese title: "Da Nao Dong Hai", direct translation: "Battle in the East Sea") which has begun filming in Mainland China.
The film will be a 3D costumed action fantasy based on a legendary story of Ne Zha.
(read: Ne Zha - The Most Unusual Boy in Chinese Mythology
16 year old Chinese actor Leo Wu (Wu Lei) will play Ne Zha. Michelle and veteran Chinese actor Zhang Fengyi (The Emperor and the Assassin, Red Cliff
) will play Ne Zha's parents.
Filming is expected to last until July.
- Michelle attended the amfAR Hong Kong 2016 charity Gala Dinner on March 19th, Shaw Studios, Hong Kong. You may see some photos at
if you can not wait for me to update the website. ;-)
- Video: Alex Taylor's Seconds: Michelle Yeoh's Words
- MAAC Interview with Michelle Yeoh
Some intersting excerpts:
MAAC: Our Fans heard that you had just finished filming with Jason Statham on 'Mechanic: Resurrection', Can you give us any little insights into that?
MICHELLE YEOH: He's fun, he (Statham) is very good at what he does. I actually only have a cameo role in that film, I really wanted to be able to do more because you know, with Jessica Alba, we had a nice time filming, we were in Thailand. I only really had about two weeks with them which was too short you know.
So I played the "reliable buddy", that when he's in trouble he needs to go to.
MAAC: We were hoping for you to have had a big role in that film.
MICHELLE YEOH: I know, I know. I think alot of people wanted that to have happened but maybe next time.
MAAC: Other than the 'Mechanic', is there anything else you are working on?
MICHELLE YEOH: I Just finished 'Marco Polo' season 2 which will be coming out in June. And then I did a movie with Ridley Scott as producer and his son is the director. It's called 'Morgan'.
MAAC: Is it a full on action film?
MICHELLE YEOH: It's a sci-fi thriller but not set in space, its on Earth. Its full on drama.
- In a recent Chinese interview Michelle said she will began filming a new film in China, hopefully in March or April.
USA Today: Michelle Yeoh flies back to 'Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon'
Hollywood Reporter: 'Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon' Sequel to Play in 15 or Fewer Imax Theaters in U.S.
Comicbook: Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon 2 Opens To $21M in China
- Watch videos:
Official video: Listen with your mind. Hear the music of Crouching Tiger...
USA Today: Michelle Yeoh: Trust important in staging "Crouching Tiger" stunts
USA Today: Michelle Yeoh to Donny Yen: 'No touching'
Paparazzi X-Posed: Michelle Yeoh at the Premiere Of Netflix's Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon Sword Of Destiny
FirstLook: The Cast of Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon - Sword of Destiny at the US Premiere
Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon: Sword of Destiny
opens in the U.S. this weekend. According to "USA Today", Netflix viewers can chose an English version, while the IMAX version is in Mandarin Chinese.
- Photos from the U.S. premiere of Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon: Sword of Destiny
, February 22nd.
last photo (L to R): Darryl Quon, Shuya Chang, JuJu Chan, Eugenia Yuan, Woon Young Park, Harry Shum Jr, Michelle Yeoh, John Fusco, Natasha Liu Bordizzo, Pauline Fischer, Harvey Weinstein
(photos from "Getty Images" and "Corbis")
- More photos of the Officier des Arts et des Lettres award in Event Photos
- Producer Harvey Weinstein talking about Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon II
Deadline: 'Crouching Tiger' Sequel: An American Filmmaker's Quest To Make The First Eastern Western
- News photos: Michelle and director Yuen Woo-Ping at the premiere screening of Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon II
and media interviews, Beijing, February 16th.
(photos from "Getty", "Newscome", "Sina", and "Sohu")
- Michelle meeting with fans at the Shanghai premiere screening of Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon II
, February 17th.
(photos from "Getty", "Newscome", "Sina", "DW" and "SouthCN")
- SAFE STEPS Road Safety campaign launch, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia, February 13.
The Star: Michelle Yeoh wants to raise awareness on road safety
China Press: Michelle Yeoh, SAFE STEPS Road Safety ambassador
Prudence Foundation, Federation Internationale de l'Automobile and National Geographic Channel Launch Safe Steps Road Safety Programme in Asia
SAFE STEPS Road Safety
(L to R) Michelle, Minister Of Transport Liow Tiong Lai, Prudential Corporation Asia Chairman and Prudence Foundation Trustee Don Kanak, and Jean Todt
(photos from "SAFE STEPS", "IFRC", "Liow Tiong Lai", "Malik Ridhwan", "Twitter", "Rappler" and "Perak Today")
- Photos from Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon II
premiere. Michelle and Jean Todt attended the event, along with director Yuen Woo Ping, actors and actresses Donnie Yen, Harry Shum Jr., Natasha Liu Bordizzo, producer Harvey Weinstein, and Netflix VP Pauline Fischer, among others.
The film is set to open in theaters in Hong Kong and China on the 19th of this month and it will hit both selected U.S. IMAX theaters and Netflix worldwide (including Taiwan) on the 26th.
(photos from "Getty", "Sina", "163", "HiNews", "1905", and "Weibo")
- Video: Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon II Chinese Theme Song
Performed by Coco Lee and Taiwanese singer Jam Hsiao, Music by Shigeru Umebayashi, Piano by Lang Lang.
Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon: Sword of Destiny
premiered on February 1st in Beijing.
- Michelle arrived in Beijing. The Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon II
premiere will take place next Monday.
- News photos: Michelle attending the Elie Saab Spring Summer 2016 show during the Paris Fashion Week, Paris, January 27.
(photos from "Elie Saab", "Getty", "Newscom", "Celebmafia" and "Corbis")
- Photos: Michelle and Jean Todt attending the Concept Cars awards at the 31th International Automobile Festival, Paris, January 26.
with Rachida Dati, French politician and Member of the European Parliament
(photos from "Pure People", "Newcom", and "VCG")
- Photos: Michelle during a TV program shooting on January 18, Changsha, Hunan Province.
- The CTHD2 Chinese distributor has released another set of posters and images, see Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon II
- In Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon II
: more on the film's tie-in novel - book cover, a book excerpt, and writer Justin Hill talks about the book.
The novel is available on Amazon US
- Michelle is back in Shanghai, continuing the CTHD2 promotion in China.
- Michelle, Jean Todt and a UN Road Safety delegation met Pope Francis in Rome today, for the #SaveKidsLives road safety campaign.
Rome Reports video
(photos from "FIA", "ACI" and "Antonino Galofaro")
- Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon II
: The Chinese theatrical release has been rescheduled to February 19th, a week ahead of the IMAX/Netflix release in the U.S.. The release in China will only be 3D / 3D IMAX. No 2D version.
Michelle as Yu Shu Lien in Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon: Sword of Destiny
- Michelle dived into work right after the holiday break. Photos: Michelle and director Yuen Woo-Ping filming a TV program in Shanghai, promoting the upcoming CTHD2.
Jan. 1st, 2016