Michelle Yeoh Web Theatre
Older News (January 2019 - )
- [Everything Everywhere All At Once]
Filming is starting in Los Angeles area, California.
EEAO training... Ouch!
Jan. 8th, 2020
Dec. 23rd, 2019
Michelle and everyone!
- Michelle arrived at Kuching International Airport, Sarawak, Malaysia, December 9. She will give a special address at the Sustainability and Renewable Energy Forum, held at Borneo Convention Center Kuching on December 10-11.
- Unreserved: Catching Up with the Cast of Last Christmas
"Unreserved" December issue
- Last Christmas
updates: new clips, review articles.
Michelle as "Santa" in Last Christmas
(1) Last Christmas UK poster   (2-3) NYC premiere afterparty, Oct 29
more from Last Christmas NYC premiere
(photos from "Getty", "News" and "Shutterstock")
- Videos: Paul Feig & Michelle Yeoh Chat About "Last Christmas" on BUILD Series
full video   (33:12)
- News photos: Last Christmas
premiere in New York City.
- Photos: at Build Series to discuss Last Christmas
, Build Studio, NYC, October 29th.
(1) with director Paul Feig   ("Getty" photos)
- October 28th, New York City:
- Last Christmas
updates: videos and images. Malaysian release date.
- Michelle has been in Toronto, on and off, for several months now.
- [Everything Everywhere All At Once] Indiewire: 'Swiss Army Man' Directors Passed on 'Deadpool 2' to Make a Sci-Fi Movie With Michelle Yeoh
Currently in pre-production, "Everything Everywhere All at Once" has been described as an "interdimensional action film" in earlier reports, with Michelle Yeoh attached to star. (Awkwafina is in talks for another role.) "It's not officially greenlit, but we're so close, and we're so bummed it took another three years to write it," Scheinert said. "It's about a 55-year-old Chinese woman trying to finish her taxes. It's kind of like if Dan Kwan's mom was in 'The Matrix.'"
- News photos: Michelle attending the grand opening of CBS Stages Canada in Toronto, September 26th.
(2) Michelle with David Stapf (L), CBS Television Studios president, and Armando Nunez,
president and chief executive for the CBS Global Distribution Group
(1) CBS's David Stapf, Armando Nunez with some of the Star Trek: Discovery actors -
David Ajala, Michelle, Sonequa Martin-Green, Mary Wiseman, Anthony Rapp and Wilson Cruz
- Vogue Film, August 2019 -
- Jean Todt visiting Star Trek: Discovery
- Celebrating her birthday in Toranto - filming Star Trek: Discovery
- Avatar twitter
: "Happiest of birthdays to our future Dr. Karina Mogue, the illustrious Michelle Yeoh! Wishing you a day as special as you are."
- Our special celebration time! The 18th Annual Birthday Special:
Our Birthday Greetings to Michelle Yeoh, August 6, 2019
(birthday image by Bin of Sichuan, China)
Messages sent by fans from over 24 countries/regions: Armenia, Australia, Brazil, Canada, China, Colombia, France, Germany, Hong Kong, India, Indonesia, Italy, Japan, Malaysia, Mongolia, New Zealand, Philippines, Romania, Spain, Taiwan, Thailand, UK, USA, and Vietnam.
All birthday messages will be forwarded to the birthday girl ;-)
And here is our birthday poll result: (question: Which one of the four upcoming Michelle films - all of them are currently in production or post-production - are you most excited to see? (you are not given an option to choose 'all of them' this time, so you have to choose ONE)) :
41 (39%) - Avatar 2 (2021)
34 (32%) - Gunpowder Milkshake (2020)
18 (17%) - Last Christmas (2019)
13 (12%) - Boss Level (2019)
Michelle, wishing you all the love and happiness in the world. Have a wonderful birthday!
- Michelle had been in Quito, Ecuado where the 21st FIA Americas Congress for Mobility and Sport was held.
- Screenrant: Michelle Yeoh's Guardians Of The Galaxy Character Aleta Ogord Explained
- Chinese makeup artist Li Dongtian shared these photos - a photoshoot for "Variety China" last weekend.
- Michelle has arrived in Toronto, Canada. Star Trek: Discovery
Season 3 begins filming this month at Pinewood Studios in Toronto (where the first two seasons were filmed).
- The 2019 Michelle Yeoh Birthday Special
Come to say something to our special lady for her special day! And you may also participate in this year's birthday poll (about her upcoming films).
As "usual", all messages and the poll result will be sent to the birthday girl. ;-)
- Michelle attended "A Call to Lead" leadership summit in Singapore.
(images from "SAP" and "Jennifer Morgan")
- In France: the day before the 2019 Chantilly Arts & Elegance Richard Mille, June 29th. Michelle has returned to Berlin.
with Jamaican sprinter, world champion, Yohan Blake
- Michelle is in talks to co-produce and star in Alan Taylor's Chinese immigrant drama/film set during San Francisco Gold Rush, Gold Mountain
Report from "Hollywood Reporter"
- Posted by Avatar2
producer Jon Landau:
- "Kevin Buxbaum has worked as our Production Controller for a number of years. During that time, although always being very proud of what we were doing, I never saw Kevin get outwardly excited about anything... that was until he heard that Michelle Yeoh was going to be in the Avatar sequels. On Michelle's last day working, I saw Kevin ready to leave the lot for the day. I diverted him to set where Michelle greeted him with open arms. At the end of 10-minute plus chat she graciously posed for a picture with Kevin.
(1) Michelle with Kevin Buxbaum   (2) with Jon Landau
- Michelle took a break from the Avatar
filming. She arrived in Berlin a week ago to join filming of Gunpowder Milkshake
. Productiom began on June 3 in Germany.
Michelle in Berlin, with her niece/god-daughter/assistant
- Michelle has been in Wellington, New Zealand, where the live-action filming of the Avatar sequels began last month. The preliminary shooting of Avatar 2 and Avatar 3 started simultaneously in the fall of 2017 in California. The principal motion and facial performance capture parts were already completed in November 2018. Shooting of the live-action parts is expected to last about six months in New Zealand.
- Photos: with HSH Prince Albert of Monaco, Princess Charlene, and Jean Todt at Prince's Palace of Monaco for #3500LIVES Global Road Safety Campaign, May 25th.
- Photos: Michelle with Jean Todt at the Tjibaou Cultural Centre near Noumea, the capital of New Caledonia, March 12.   ("INC" photos)
- Michelle will be one of the presenters at the 91st Oscars this coming Sunday. The ceremony will be held at the Dolby Theatre in Hollywood and will be televised live on the ABC Television Network, 8:00 p.m. EST/5:00 p.m. PT.
AP: Michael B. Jordan, Michelle Yeoh added to Oscars presenters
- Filming of Last Christmas
wrapped in London last week.
Michelle on set, Last Christmas
wrap party last week   (1) Michelle with Emma Thompson and Emilia Clarke
- New film pages: Last Christmas
(release date November 15) and Boss Level
(release date August 16).
- Michelle will be a presenter at the 72nd British Academy Film Awards (BAFTA 2019). The ceremony will take place on Sunday February 10th, Royal Albert Hall, London.
Michelle is currently filming Last Christmas
with director Paul Feig in London.
a BAFTA staff lay out head pictures marking the seating plan ahead of the ceremony
- Trektoday: Writing For Yeoh's Section 31 Series Has Begun
- Photos: Michelle and Jean Todt at the International Automobile Festival, the Hotel des Invalide, Paris, France, January 29th.   ("Newscom" photos)
- Michelle attended the 25th Annual Screen Actors Guild (SAG) Awards in Los Angeles, January 27th. Crazy Rich Asians
was nominated "Best Cast in Motion Picture."
Red carpet videos:
TNT: Michelle Yeoh: Red Carpet Interview | 25th Annual SAG Awards
Hollywood Reporter:Michelle Yeoh on The "Roller Coaster" Success of 'Crazy Rich Asians'
ET: SAG Awards 2019: Michelle Yeoh Talks Crazy Rich Asians 2 and 3!
(3-4) Michelle, Henry Golding, Gemma Chan
Henry Golding, Michelle, Ken Jeong, and Constance Wu onstage presenting Crazy Rich Asians
(2) director Jon M. Chu, Awkwafina, Michelle   (3) Michelle with Harry Shum Jr.
(4) (L-R) Lisa Lu, Ken Jeong, Harry Shum Jr., Kheng Hua Tan, Fiona Xie, Ronny Chieng, and Jon M. Chu
(photos from "Getty" and "Shutterstock")
- News reports:
Metro: Michelle Yeoh wears that jaw-dropping Crazy Rich Asians emerald ring to the Golden Globes 2019
Time: Michelle Yeoh Wore the Actual Emerald Ring From Crazy Rich Asians to the 2019 Golden Globes
- Michelle attended several pre-Golden Globes events in Los Angeles, January 4-5th.
Michelle attending the Sean Penn CORE benefit Gala, The Wiltern, Los Angeles, January 5th
(photos from "Getty" and "News")
- Michelle at the Annual 'Gold Meets Golden' Brunch, The House in West Hollywood, January 5th.
(1) with 'Crazy Rich Asians' co-star Fiona Xie
(2) with Michelle Kwan, former American figure skater and two-time Olympic medalist
- Michelle attending the W Magazine's Best Performances Portfolio and Golden Globes party, Chateau Marmont, Los Angeles, January 4th.
Jan. 3rd, 2019