Michelle Yeoh Web Theatre
Older News (July 2014 - )
- Congratulations to Michelle for wrapping up Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon II filming in Auckland! She left New Zealand on Saturday and returned to Malaysia. Glad to see her still in one piece after more than two and half months of physical fighting with the "bad guys" on set! :-)
Photo at left: Michelle at the NZ airport, Oct 4
- Photos from New Zealand:
(1) It's a wrap for Michelle - (L to R) director Yuen Woo-ping, Michelle, cinematographer Newton Thomas Sigel,
and Donnie Yen
(2) Michelle with former New Zealand Maori parliamentarian Tau Henare
(1) fun moments on set - with co-stars Harry Shum Jr. (L), Natasha Liu Bordizzo, Donnie Yen, and
2nd unit director Charlie Nguyen (center)
(2) Michelle doing voice recording for CTHD2
(photos from "Tau Henare" and "Eastern Heroes")
- Theaters battle Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon 2's Netflix deal
(check out the title pic...)
- First stills from Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon II
CTHD2: (1-2) Michelle Yeoh as Yu Shu Lien   (3) Donnie Yen as Silent Wolf
"The Green Legend echoes the themes of the original movie, but tells its own story - one of lost love, young love, a legendary sword and one last opportunity at redemption, set against breathtaking action in an epic martial arts battle between good and evil that will decide the fate of the Martial World."
Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon II
will premiere simultaneously in selected IMAX theaters and on Netflix on August 28, 2015. The film has been retitled to "The Green Legend".
Principal photography in New Zealand is expected to wrap up in about two weeks. The film design is led by the Academy Award-winning Lord of the Rings
team of costume designer Ngila Dickson, production designer Grant Major and visual effects supervisor Mark Stetson.
Hollywood Reporter: Crouching Tiger Sequel to Hit Netflix and Imax Simultaneously in Groundbreaking Deal
New York Times: With 'Crouching Tiger' Sequel, Netflix Takes Aim at Hollywood
Press release: Netflix Announces First Original Movie Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon: The Green Legend
- It has been officially announced that Michelle is one of the new cast members in the final season of CINEMAX's hit action drama series Strike Back
, which recently resumed production in Europe. Yes this was the "new project" Michelle was filming in Bangkok in the spring. The fourth and final season of ten episodes will air on CINEMAX and UK partner Sky 1 (as season 5) in 2015.
Michelle is currently in New Zealand filming CTHD2.
- Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon II
- Michelle is featured in Harper's BAZAAR Indonesia, September 2014 edition. Interview was taken in June during a Guerlain product launch in Seoul, South Korea.
10 MENIT BERSAMA MICHELLE YEOH
(10 Minutes with Michelle Yeoh)
- Final Recipe
updates: screening at the 2014 Filmkunstmesse Leipzig in Germany, September 15-19th.
- Final Recipe
updates: screening at the Korean Film Festival in Buenos Aires, Argentina. Title: "La Receta Final".
- Video: FIA and MY World
- Maybe some of you still remember the first teaser trailer
of the original "Crouching Tiger", released in 2000? If not, you may review it now ;-). ... What about this game trailer
: An extra described his job at the shooting - all he did was lay on the ground and watch Michelle and Donnie Yen fly above him. Another extra described that food on the set was great and Michelle was extremely nice.   ;-)
- New Zealand media reported that Jean Todt was visiting Michelle on the Auckland set.
- Some photos from New Zealand, July 26 - August 25:
(1-2) Michelle at the CTHD2 kick off party, July 26
Michelle with some CTHD2 team members at dinner in Auckland, Aug 25
- Michelle has been challenged by her CTHD2 co-star Donnie Yen to participate in the charity ALS Ice Bucket Challenge. The global fundraising phenomenon has raised
$15 million to the ALS Association, a non-profit health organization that is dedicated to fight against Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis, a neurodegenerative disorder also known as Lou Gehrigs Disease.
Here is Donnie Yen's video: Donnie Yen ice bucket challenge Michelle Yeoh, Chow Yun Fat, Wang Bao Qiang
- For anyone who signed on to the Birthday Special
and left your email address, if you haven't received Michelle's message and photo, please check in your spam folder. Also there are three people who wrote invalid email addresses - two from China and one from the Philippines. If you are one of these people you may contact me
so we can correct it. Thank you all again!
- Some set photos from Final Recipe
filming in 2012.
- In Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon II: The Green Destiny
: more crew member information and some set photos - Michelle's horse says HI!
- Wait... our birthday celebration
is not over yet! Michelle sent in this birthday photo along with a(nother) message to all --
Thank q for all your love and support!!
(August 11 2014, New Zealand)
All friends who left email addresses on the 2014 Birthday Special should have received the message with photo. Michelle was too busy so I sent for her this time. Enjoy ;-)
Thank you for sharing the birthday cupcakes (virtually), Michelle! :-)
- Have you been waiting for this? After reading our birthday messages
, Michelle posted this on the Guestbook (Thursday 3:36PM Pacific Time = Friday 10:36AM Auckland)
Thank you Michelle!
Message from Michelle Yeoh
Thank you all for your love and support...
Your thoughtful messages means the world to me, especially when I am so far away from home and family.
I send all of you love and warm wishes from Auckland, know that I am very touched by all of you...and 'see' you all very soon. Stay well and happy always, love,
(Friday, August 8 2014, 10:36AM, posted on Guestbook from Auckland, New Zealand)
You are always amazing... Enjoy your filming. Stay safe and stay warm (it's winter there isn't it)! ;-)
- Photos from Auckland, New Zealand: Happy Birthday Michelle!
(1) (L to R) CTHD2 co-producer Bey Logan, Michelle, American actor and martial artist Jason Scott Lee
(2) Michelle and Hong Kong action actress and Taekwondo athlete JuJu Chan
- Dear all, here it comes --
The 13th Annual Birthday Special: Our Birthday Greetings to Michelle Yeoh, August 6, 2014
(birthday image by Bin of Sichuan, China)
Messages sent by fans from over 35 countries/regions: Algeria, Argentina, Armenia, Australia, Belgium, Brazil, Cambodia, Canada, China, France, Germany, Hong Kong, India, Indonesia, Italy, Japan, Madagascar, Malaysia, Nigeria, Norway, Philippines, Poland, Romania, Russia, Singapore, South Africa, South Korea, Spain, Switzerland, Taiwan, Tanzania, Thailand, UK, USA, and Vietnam.
All birthday messages have been forwarded to the birthday girl ;-)
And here is our birthday poll result: (question: Michelle will reprise her warrior Yu Shu Lien role in the upcoming Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon II: The Green Destiny. In what language would you prefer the film to be made?)
133 (62%) - don't mind which language as long as it is Michelle's real voice
59 (28%) - English
22 (10%) - Mandarin Chinese
On the 16th anniversary of this website, the Michelle Yeoh Web Theatre, as the webmaster I'd like to express my sincere gratitude to all of you, old or new friends, for years and years of supports. Your visits and kind messages have always been a big encouragement for maintaining this website.
Of course, we shall all thank Michelle, our special lady and birthday girl, for another year of entertainment and inspiration! ;-)
HAPPY BIRTHDAY MICHELLE!!
- Hi all, I just came back from my trip and let's catch up some Michelle news ;-)
Principal photography of Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon II: The Green Destiny
started today in Auckland, New Zealand. See CTHD2 page
for more casting updates.
Photo: Michelle, Donnie Yen and producer Bey Logan (center) at the CTHD2 kick off party, July 26.
- Michelle has been in Auckland, New Zealand. I think you all know why she's there ;-). Michelle, enjoy your filming and keep away from injury!
- Photo at left: Michelle with Jason Bae, South Korean-born New Zealand concert pianist who performed at the New Zealand Wallace Piano Festival in Auckland on July 13th.
- Michelle, as the global ambassador of UN Decade of Action for Road Safety, is scheduled to attend the FIA American Congress 2014, held in Santo Domingo, the Dominican Republic, August 6-8.
So, it seems that Michelle will spend her birthday in Latin America. :-)
- Talking about birthday... ok, are you ready? Here comes our ... first, second, third, ...., nope, our THIRTEENTH annual birthday special. It is a perfect time to say something to our beautiful lady on her special day (even if you have already done so maybe 12 times already!). As "usual", all messages will be forwarded to Michelle by her birthday.
The 2014 Michelle Yeoh Birthday Special
And you are welcome to participate in our birthday poll. This year it is about Michelle's Crouching Tiger 2
which is starting filming this month.