Michelle Yeoh Web Theatre
News January - June, 2010
- Reign of Assassins
updates with new images.
- Rosette, the Michelle fan from Philippines who shared some of her photos and a video
on Michelle's Manila trip (see news of May 28th), wrote a story on her encounter with Michelle
on that day. I personally enjoyed reading her story. Thanks Rosette
Rosette's story (pdf)
My One Day Someday Episode - a Michelle Yeoh Encounter
- News photos: Michelle and Jean Todt watching the men's final match of the 2010 French Open
tennis championship, Roland Garros stadium, Paris, on June 6th.
last photo (front row L to R): Spain's Queen Sofia, France's Prime Minister Francois Fillon, President of the French tennis federation Jean Gachassin,
and Paris' mayor Bertrand Delanoe, (2nd row) Patrick De Carolis (L), president of France Televisions, French actress Isabelle Adjani (middle),
(3rd row) (R to L) FIA president Jean Todt, Michelle, Jean-Rene Fourtou, chairman of the Supervisory Board of
Vivendi Group, French international media conglomerate
(click to enlarge. photos from "Reuters", "Getty Images", "Sohu", "Picapp", "Corbis", "163" and "Zimbio")
- Photos: Michelle at the University of the Philippines in
Diliman. May 26th.
Michelle during the unveiling ceremony of the future site of Road Safety Park
Michelle riding an electric jeepney after the unveiling ceremony to tour the campus
with UP National Center for Transportation Studies director Jose Regin Regidor
(click to enlarge. photos by Rosette and "ABS-CBN")
Thanks Rosette, a Michelle fan in Philippines, for sharing some of her photos and a video!
Watch the video on YouTube
(1) Banner promoting the Make Roads Safe program at the entrance of Department of Education, Ortigas City, Philippines
(2) Michelle in the Department of Education, thanking the sponsors for the chance to promote the program
in the Philippines and encouraging the children to wear helmets as a vaccine to head injuries
(3-5) Michelle autographed the helmets of 260 children.
"If you promise to wear your helmets, I will sign them for you," said Michelle.
According to "Philippine Daily Inquirer", 1,000 protec helmets were planned to
be given to school children, but since the school
year won't open until next month,
DepEd managed to gather only 260 children who ride behind their parents on motorcycles
to go to school. The rest of the helmets will be distributed later this year by AAP
(click to enlarge)
- [Cannes Film Festival]
NDTV: In conversation with Michelle Yeoh
- Reign of Assassins
images from the film tie-in game.
- Michelle arrived in Manila, Philippines on the 25th. She was invited
by the Automobile Association of the Philippines (AAP),
the FIA Foundation, and the Asian Development Bank for road safety promotion.
After speaking at the ADB Transport Forum in Manila in the morning of the 26th,
in the afternoon Michelle will be distributing free crash helmets to public school children at the Department of Education compound
in Pasig city. She will also unveil the marker of the Road Safety Park
at the University of the Philippines in Diliman.
ABS-CBN: James Bond girl in RP to promote road safety
Philippine Daily Inquirer: Save all road users
(1-3) Michelle at the NAIA Airport, Philippines, May 25
(4) Michelle and Jean Todt with Inquirer reporter Aida Sevilla-Mendoza (left)
at last week's annual FIA Conference Week in Como, Italy
(click to enlarge. photos from "ABS-CBN", "Eric Apolonio", and "Inquirer")
- DreamWorks Animation press release:
Gary Oldman, Michelle Yeoh, Jean Claude Van Damme and Victor Garber Join Cast of 'Kung Fu Panda: The Kaboom of Doom'
DreamWorks Animation's Kung Fu Panda: The Kaboom of Doom
, the upcoming sequel to
the 2008 Kung Fu Panda
which reached over $631 million in worldwide box office,
is scheduled to be released on May 27, 2011 (Memorial Day weekend).
It has been announced that Gary Oldman, Michelle Yeoh, Jean Claude Van Damme, and Victor Garber
will join the returning cast of Jack Black, Angelina Jolie, Dustin Hoffman, Jackie Chan, Seth Rogen, Lucy Liu, David Cross and James Hong.
It will be directed by Jennifer Yuh and produced by Melissa Cobb. Jonathan Aibel and Glenn Berger, who wrote and co-produced the original film, also return.
Michelle will lend her voice to the film as a mystical character, The Soothsayer
, a goat. :-D
- The leading cast of Reign of Assassins
, including Michelle, will
attend the opening ceremony of the 13th Shanghai International Film Festival
on June 12th.
- Photos of Michelle attending the Andrea Bocelli concert in Singapore,
left photo: Michelle with Italian pop tenor Andrea Bocelli
(middle) and Tan Sri Datuk Francis Yeoh (left),
managing director of Malaysia's YTL Corporation
(click to enlarge. photos from "Malay Mail" and "KL Lifestyle")
- Far North
will be screened at the Omega Centre in Portsmouth, U.K., on May 25 by the
Portsmouth Film Society
- Michelle is now in Como, Italy, where the annual FIA Conference Week
is taking place from May 17-21. Various sessions and forums on road safety
are being held during the week.
Related report: Yeoh arriving
- [Cannes Film Festival] During her busy three day stay in Cannes, Michelle accepted various group media interviews.
Taiwanese media reported that Michelle said she is looking forward to bringing her
Reign of Assassins
to the red carpet at the Venice in September.
"This is my first martial arts film in ten years after Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon
It would be a lie if I said I'm not excited," said Michelle.
- [Cannes Film Festival] An interview with Michelle Yeoh
(in French. google translation)
- Michelle visiting Malaysia's first National Geographic Store at YTL, Kuala Lumpur (April 2010):
Report and photos
- Great Apes with Michelle Yeoh
is being aired on DOCUTV in China this week.
- [Cannes Film Festival] Michelle and Jean Todt were seen at the Martinez Hotel in the evening of the 13th.
- [Cannes Film Festival] Michelle arrived in Cannes, France, May 13th. (click to enlarge. "Getty" photos)
- News photos: Michelle and Jean Todt arrived in Monaco, May 13th.
The Monaco Grand Prix takes place this Sunday.
(click to enlarge. photos from "Getty" and "Zimbio")
- [Cannes Film Festival] This year's Cannes International Film Festival is taking place from today to the 23rd
of May. Once again Michelle will make red carpet appearances as an ambassador of L'Oreal Paris,
an official partner of the festival.
- [Make Roads Safe] Michelle will attend the ADB Transport Forum in Manila, Philippines
and give a speech on May 26.
On the 27th Michelle will be attending another road safety promotion,
distributing 1,000 helmets to children during a program with the Department of
Education, Culture and Sports and the Automobile Association of the Philippines,
tentatively at the ULTRA in Pasig City.
Michelle interview at the Vertu event, May 7th.
(07:44, in Mandarin)
- Michelle's Reign of Assassins
will be premiered at the Venice International Film Festival
in September. See Reign of Assassins
During the press interviews last Friday in Beijing, Michelle also said that
she is preparing for two more projects which she cannot announce yet.
Yesterday (May 8th) Michelle attended an outdoor concert by world-renowned Italian tenor Andrea Bocelli
at the Singapore Botanic Gardens, Singapore. The event was organized by Malaysia's YTL Corporation.
- News videos: Michelle at a Vertu event in Beijing, China, May 7th. (in Mandarin)
Video 1 (02:31)
Video 2 (01:58)
Photos from the event:
Michelle with Frank Nuovo, Vertu's creative director and designer
left two photos: Michelle, Frank Nuovo, and Brandon Chang
(click to enlarge. photos from "Sina", "Oriental Daily", "21cn", "Tom", "iFeng", "Ynet" and "Apple Daily")
- More photos of Michelle at the UN General Assembly on global road
safety in New York from March. See
- [Make Roads Safe] As global ambassador for Make Roads Safe campaign,
Michelle is going to attend the ADB (Asian Development Bank)
held at the ADB Headquarters, Manila, Philippines, May 25-27. She will be a plenary speaker.
- On "People" magazine's "World's Most Beautiful 2010",
Michelle is listed as one of the
35 All-Time Screen Beauties
- In Reign of Assassins
more ship set photos.
- A "Michelle Yeoh Corner" at National Library
Michelle Yeoh to donate books to library
Michelle was in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia on April 21st, attending the "Mari Membaca 1Malaysia"
(Come and Read 1Malaysia) campaign at the National Library to promote reading habit among Malaysians.
Describing her appointment as 1Malaysia Reading Icon "a privilege and honour", Michelle
said she would commit her time for the programme, whenever she returned to Malaysia.
Michelle's appointment was officiated by Deputy Information
Communication and Culture Minister, Senator Heng Seai Kie.
Heng said Michelle was chosen as the icon due to her popularity which the ministry
believed was influential in inculcating reading as a habit among the general public in the country.
Michelle herself loves reading and she reads 10 - 15 books per month.
She has volunteered to donate part of her extensive book collection.
A "Michelle Yeoh Corner" will be set at the National Library of Malaysia
to share some of the books she had read.
(1) Michelle reading with children at the National Library
(2-3) Senator Heng Seai Kie officiated 1Malaysia Reading Icon ceremony
(4) (L to R) National Library Board advisor Tan Sri Ramon, National Library director-general
Raslin Abu Bakar,
Michelle, Heng Seai Kie, and Pheng Yin Huah, president of
the Malaysian Federation of Chinese Association (Hua Zong)
(click to enlarge. photos from "Sun Daily", "Guangming", "Bernama" and "Sinchew")
- Cover image of BnF magazine "Chroniques", issue of March-April 2010:
Michelle and Inge van Bruystegem (Belgian model/dancer who is one of the main stars in Rose, c'est Paris
), "La Mort mise à mort".
Photographed by Bettina Rheims, Bibliotheque de l'Arsenal, November 2008.
(click on left photo to enlarge)
- Michelle in the film Rose, c'est Paris
:   (video caps. click to enlarge)
Champagne Louis Roederer
has a special section on Rose, c'est Paris
including a 9 minute video of
the first chapter of the film. It is a winery site and you must be of legal
drinking age and at least 18 years old to enter. Music by Martin Meissonier.
(Update: link closed)
- True Legend
has been acquired by Optimum in UK.
- New images in Photos -> Photoshoots
- In Photos -> Magazines
scans from Chinese magazine "Comfort" (2008)
and Anita Mui's
book "Heart of The Modern Woman" (2003)
- An exhibition on Rose, c'est Paris
, both a photographic monograph and a feature-length film,
will be held at BnF
(Bibliotheque nationale de France - National Library of France) in Paris
from April 8 to July 11.
Written and directed by Serge Bramly and photographed by Bettina Rheims, Rose, c'est Paris
was shot in black and white against the background of a mysterious Paris. It
tells a tale of a young woman looking for her missing twin sister.
The detective story is divided into 13 episodes with a look into various mythical sites and monuments of Paris.
Michelle is one of the famous figures featured in the artwork, among others
including Naomi Campbell, Monica Bellucci, Charlotte Rampling, Anna Mouglalis, Audrey Marnay,
Anthony Delon, Jean-Pierre Kalfon, Louise Bourgoin,...
Rose, c'est Paris
will be shown on Arte
, an European culture TV
channel, in France and Germany (under the title
"Rose wie Paris") on April 11th and 12th. 94 minutes.
The photobook (332 pages) and DVD (138 minutes) will be available in English, French, and German.
Campagne Premiere (production company)
- IDB video
: Michelle supports the
new action plan of the Inter-American Development Bank on road safety. March 2010.
- New in Videos
: two Helmets for Kids advertisements
and the documentary Great Apes with Michelle Yeoh.
(thanks Crystal for the help with video editing)
- Reign of Assassins
- BIO (The Biography Channel
), a South East Asian television channel
and a joint-venture with A&E dedicating to biography,
will feature Michelle in an episode of "Famous & Fabulous", April 21st.
- In the surveys taken at the 2010 Hong Kong Filmart (Hong Kong International Film & TV Market, March 22 - 25)
Michelle was once again voted by buyers and exhibitors as one of the
Most Saleable Actresses In Hong Kong Film
and one of the Most Saleable Actresses In Asian Film. Full list (in alphabetical order):
Hong Kong films:
- Most saleable actors: Jackie Chan, Chow Yun Fat, Andy Lau, Tony Leung Chiu Wai.
- Most saleable actresses: Maggie Cheung, Hsu Chi (Taiwan), Michelle Yeoh, Zhou Xun (Mainland).
- Most saleable Hong Kong film directors: Peter Chan, Johnnie To, Wong Kar Wai, John Woo.
- Most saleable actors: Jackie Chan, Stephen Chow, Chow Yun Fat, Ge You, Huang Xiaoming, Kaneshiro Takeshi, Andy Lau, Lee Jun Ki, Tony Leung, Song Seung Heon.
- Most saleable actresses: Cheng Sammi, Maggie Cheung, Fan Bingbing, Gong Li, Jeon Ji Hyun (South Korea), Carina Lau,
Li Bingbing, Hsu Chi, Michelle Yeoh, Zhang Ziyi, Zhou Xun.
Filmart is one of the three most important film markets in the
world, along with the American Film Market (AFM) and Marche du Film in Cannes.
- During interviews at the Dubai Pearl event last weekend,
reporters asked Michelle about the rumor of her staring in Ronny Yu's Yang Men Nyu Jiang
("Women Warriors of the Yang Family").
Michelle said she is not attached to the project at the moment. They are still working on the script and she has not seen it yet.
Michelle said she's going to make an art film with a French director
which will start filming in the middle or at the end of the year.
Michelle said she had been busy for 4 months working on her new
Wuxia film Reign of Assassins
with directors John Woo and Su Chao-pin. She said the filming was not too hard for her as she exercises a lot and she is very fit.
However action filming was challenging since action choreographer Stephen Tung designed many special wired sequences.
Michelle said the difficult part was that Hengdian had been really cold and wet.
Temperatures were so low that actors' lips often turned blue during night filming.
Reporters also asked her about the recent charity scandal related to actress Zhang Ziyi and asked if she has
any advice for Zhang. Michelle said it is very important to have transparency and clarity when managing
a charity foundation. She thinks Zhang's mistake might be due to inexperience
and the best thing to do is to give a full explanation to the public. (Background notes:
Zhang Ziyi's charity scandal has been headlining Chinese language media for the past two months. Apparently,
after the devastating earthquake in Sichuan, China, in 2008, Zhang did not fully fulfill the public
pledge she made on her personal donation, and, the earthquake fund her foundation collected during public events
is not clear and has not been put in use for the quake victims.)
Interview with Michelle at the Dubai Pearl ceremony   (03:13, in Mandarin)
More photos from the event:  ("Sohu" photos. click to enlarge)
- News photos: Michelle attending the Association "Dessine l'Espoir" charity dinner during the
"Art Paris" exhibition launch at Le Grand Palais, Paris, France, on March 16th.
(4) Michelle and Alain Dominique Perrin, president of European Foundation for Management Development
(1) (L to R) Michelle, Chairman of L'Oreal Lindsay Owen-Jones and wife Cristina Owen-Jones, Jean Todt
(2) Serge Weinberg, Chairman of Weinberg Capital Partners, Michelle, and Jean Todt
(3) Jean Todt, Michelle, and Congolese artist Cheri Samba
(click to enlarge. "Getty" photos)
- NST: Michelle Yeoh kicks some bone issues
Sun Daily: Bone up on health
- News photos from Formula One Bahrain Grand Prix, Sunday March 14:
support the Make Roads Safe Campaign
(1-2) 60th anniversary celebration of the Formula 1 world championship with the world champions drivers
(3-4) Michelle and Jean Todt visiting the garage of Lotus Racing, the 1Malaysia F1 Team
(1-3) Michelle and FIA President Jean Todt attending the F1 Bahrain Grand Prix
(4) (L to R) Michelle, Jean Todt and King Juan-Carlos of Spain
(2-5) Michelle, Michael Schumacher, and Jean Todt during the Make Roads Safe photo call before the race
(1-2) Michelle with Lewis Hamilton, British F1 racing driver
(3) shaking hands wiht British F1 driver Jenson Button
(click to enlarge. photos from "MotorSport", "AP", "Reuters", "Getty", "Lotus Racing", "Osports", and "Formula1")
- Michelle returned to Malaysia. "Sin Chew" reported that she
will attend an Anlene event on the 12th.
- Reign of Assassins
new film stills, online game and release information.
- Among the Great Apes with Michelle Yeoh
has been broadcastinging in various Asian countries/regions including
Malaysia, Hong Kong, Taiwan, Macau, and Japan.
- News photos: Michelle attending Inaugural Gala Dinner for the Cecilia Attias Foundation for Women
at the New York Public Libaray on March 4 in New York City.
Michelle with Richard Attias (right) and Cecilia Attias, former wife of French President Sarkozy
(click to enlarge. "Getty" photos)
- Michelle ranked No.7 in Malaysia's Most Trusted List, a recent survey conducted
by Reader's Digest Asia to find out the most trusted personalities in
- Last year we reported that Michelle was invited to star as the legendary heroine Mu Gui Ying in Jun Ling Ru Shan
, a period film based on historical story of warriors of the Yang family in Song Dynasty. In June 2009 Hong Kong director Frankie Chan confirmed that he invited Michelle and Audy Lau for the film. In August, an open casting call for some of the supporting roles took place in several cities and it was announced the production would start at the end of 2009. The open casting call was halted when Michelle's Reign of Assassins
was officially announced (filming began in November 2009) and no new developments have been heard since. Apparently Michelle did not formally sign onto the project.
(see earlier reports from last year's news on
Recently some Hong Kong/Chinese media reported Michelle is involved in another film project based on the same story.
At the beginning of this year, news reports said Golden Harvest will shoot a
US$20 million film, Yang Men Nyu Jiang
(translated to "Women Warriors of the Yang Family"
or "Lady Generals of the Yang Family"), with Hong Kong director Ronny Yu (Fearless
Hong Kong's "Apple Daily" reported that Michelle is in talks with the project.
The production is said to start this year.
Both projects have been registered with China's State Administration of Radio, Film and Television and both scripts have been approved by the authorities.
(1) Michelle addresses the United Nations General Assembly on global road safety, March 2, 2010
(2) Michelle during a press conference following the UN General Assembly at the UN headquarters
(3) (L to R) Dr Etienne Krug, Director of Injury Prevention at WHO, Michelle, General Victor Kiryanov, Head of the State
Traffic Police of the Russian Federation, and David Ward, Director General of the FIA Foundation, at the press conference
(click to enlarge. photos from "AP" and "Make Roads Safe")
- The UN General Assembly held a debate on global road safety today in New York.
The meeting approved a UN Decade of Action for Road Safety, the main
project of the Make Roads Safe campaign which Michelle has been leading.
Michelle addressed the general assembly during the debate:
"Last November in Moscow, the world came together to decide that the time has come for action. It was thrilling to see so many leaders from every corner of the world committing to make road safety a priority. All of us who care about and have worked for safer roads have traveled a long journey together. Today is the latest and the greatest stage of that journey when the United Nations commits to a decade of Action for Road Safety."
"Every day at least 2000 children, of school age, are killed or seriously injured on the world's roads. All the forecasts point to this toll doubling in the coming years. By making road safety a priority over the next decade we have the potential to save millions of lives, and to prevent many millions of injuries and disabilities. This UN Decade of Action for Road Safety provides us with a real opportunity to change direction."
Michelle said her role as ambassador for the Make Roads Safe global campaign was the most important of her career.
UN Video: UNmultimedia
featuring Michelle at the UN assembly, March 2, 2010 (01:55)
"Make Roads Safe" Report: UN approves a Decade of Action to combat global road safety crisis
UN: General Assembly adopts text proclaiming Decade of Action for Road Safety
UN: Press conference on global road safety crisis
MP3 Download: BBC World Service interview with Michelle Yeoh (MP3 6.8Mb)
- Michelle was seen in New York City yesterday. She is there for the UN General Assembly
discussion on road safety, which will be held on March 2nd.
Michelle in NYC, Feb. 28th
(click to enlarge. "Getty" images)
- Video: Michelle Yeoh - UN Moscow Ministerial on road safety (04:17. Nov 2009)
- PDF Document: Michelle's opening speech at the First Global Ministerial Conference on Road Safety, Nov. 2009
- Michelle's Turning Point
is being aired on UK's Community Channel.
(March 1, 3pm; March 7, 3pm, 9pm; March 8, 3am)
Also, Turning Point
won the special prize at the World Road Safety Film Festival,
held last month in Marrakesh.
- Among the Great Apes with Michelle Yeoh
will be broadcast on National Geographic Channel Asia under the title
Great Apes With Michelle Yeoh
, Sunday March 28, 8pm.
(repeat: April 2 & 3)
- Reign of Assassins
production is moving to Taipei, Taiwan. More set photos from Shanghai.
- In Videos
Michelle's Anlene Concentrate (Black Sesame Flavor) commercial.
(click to enlarge. video scans)
- Filming of Reign of Assassins
Hengdian World Studios has resumed and Michelle is in Hengdian now.
- Michelle was nominated in the category 10 Best International Actresses of the Decade (Asia) in the
2010 Green Globe Film Awards
Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon
was nominated under Best Foreign Culture Film of the Decade.
cast your vote here
by March 5.
- True Legend
more images (including Michelle's) and video of director Feng
- Reign of Assassins
first glimpse report from EFM and sales information.
- Video: Michelle wishing everyone happy Chinese New Year
(00:10, in Cantonese)
(translation: Greetings everyone! Wishing you a prosperous new year, good health, success, and good luck!)
Michelle took a short break from the Reign of Assassins
filming and spent the Chinese New Year in
her hometown Ipoh, Perak, Malaysia. On the New Year day (14th), she attended the Perak MCA open house at Sekolah
Jenis Kebangsaan China Yuk Choy in Ipoh in the morning and appeared at the Chinese New Year Open House
by Perak Menteri Besar Datuk Seri Dr Zambry Abdul Kadir in the afternoon
(news video, 01:19, in Cantonese and Mandarin)
She is leaving Malaysia in the evening of the 15th.
Michelle and Jean todt attending Perak MB Chinese New Year Open House, February 14th
left photo: Michelle wishing everyone happy Chinese New Year
(1) Michelle greeting Datuk Seri Zambry Abdul Kadir
(2-3) Michelle receiving a new year red pocket from Zambry Abdul Kadir
(1) Michelle and Zambry Abdul Kadir (L) sending new year greetings
(2) Michelle, Jean Todt, and Michelle's mother at the Chinese New Year Open House
(3-4) "Lao-sheng", a new year custom in Malaysia and Singapore
which symbolizes lives will get better and better in the new year
(click to enlarge. photos from "Guangming", "Kwongwah", "SinChew", "Perak View" and "Bernama")
- New video in True Legend
Behind the scenes with Michelle Yeoh.
- Michelle's documentary on orangutan,
Among the Great Apes with Michelle Yeoh,
will be screened in Kuala Lumpur on February 21st in conjunction with the
Open Day of the Malaysian National Film Development Corporation (Finas).
Sunday Feb 21, 4:00pm, P.Ramlee Mini-Theatre (Finas).
(photo from "Mypalmoil". click to enlarge)
- True Legend:
Taiwanese official site.
- Michelle was given an honor award at the Asia Pacific Golden Brand Awards
- Updates on True Legend
- Reign of Assassins
updates with more set photos. The film crew is taking a break for the Chinese New Year.
- Harper's Bazaar (Singapore) featured Michelle on the cover story of
the issue of January, 2010. Photo at left: cover pic (click to enlarge)
- Jianyu Jianghu updates and
some photos of director Su Chao-pin's birthday party on Hengdian set (with Michelle).
- True Legend image has been added to front page's slide show.
- True Legend
will have its European premiere
at the Berlinale Special during the Berlin International Film Festival
(February 11 - 21)
- Updates on Jianyu Jianghu
set photos (no Micelle). Michelle is currently in Hengdian.
- In Videos
watch commercial of Michelle with Chow Yun-Fat, 1984/1985.
- A year ago today
, I wrote about Wen,
my friend in China who has been detained by the Chinese communist government
for practicing Falun Dafa
Today is another birthday of hers, and yet, my birthday wish is still kept undelivered...
Wen was detained in May 2008 before the Beijing Olympics and she was sentenced
- without a trial - to two years of "re-education
through labour" (forced labor camp). While in custody, in the summer
of 2008 her health condition began to deteriorate, to the point where
she was almost blind and could barely walk. No proper medical
treatment was given. In April 2009,
some local officials went to inspect the camp and they asked her about
Falun Gong and expected her to give an answer following the brainwashing
materials which police were forcing her and other detained Falun Gong practitioners
to "study". But Wen answered: "Falun Dafa is good."
After this incident, her family members were denied the rights to
visit her. Wen was tortured by being forced to sit still on a hard stool 20 hours
per day and she was not given enough food. Her weight rapidly dropped
more than 15kg. This is the latest piece of news I know about my friend Wen (published
on minghui.org in July 2009)......
Amnesty International put out an Urgent Action for Wen in March 2009.
According to the statistics published in March 2009, during the period of the Beijing Olympics,
the Chinese communist government arrested at least 10,194 Falun Gong practitioners.
Nearly 100 of them are confirmed to have died within several weeks or
even several days of their arrest, as a direct result of torture and other
ill-treatment in custody. Last year in an United Nations report by Special Rapporteur Mr. Philip Alston,
he included various large scale human rights abuses in China that he investigated during 2008 and 2009. Of the 20
persecution cases he included, 16 were death cases resulting from the
persecution of Falun Gong practitioners.
Spanish Court Indicts Top Communist Party Officials for Torture, Genocide
Jan. 5th, 2010
- True Legend
: new trailer,
images, and more.
<< News 2009 December
News 2010 July>>